We do not wear uniforms at Lowry Elementary. Our dress code policy is as follows:
Overall, student dress and personal appearance shall meet reasonable standards of cleanliness and safety and must show respect for others. Personal appearance and dress that violate reasonable standards, demean, slur, or harass others through symbols, words or images, and/or substantially disrupt the educational process shall not be tolerated. Fridays are spirit days- Lowry gear is encouraged!
The following items are deemed disruptive and are not acceptable on school grounds, in school district vehicles, or at school functions or activities:
- Shorts, dresses, skirts or other similar clothing shorter than mid-thigh length
- Sunglasses and/or hats worn inside the building
- Inappropriately sheer, tight or low-cut clothing that bare or expose traditionally private parts of the body (e.g., midriffs, halter tops, backless clothing, tube tops, garments made of fishnet, mesh or similar material, muscle tops, etc.)
- Tank tops or other similar clothing with narrow straps
- Any clothing, paraphernalia, grooming, jewelry, hair coloring, accessories, or body adornments that are or contain any advertisement, symbols, words, slogans, patches, or pictures that:
- Refer to drugs, tobacco, alcohol, or weapons
- Are of a sexual nature
- By virtue of color, arrangement, trademark, or other attribute denote membership in gangs which are associated with drug use, violence, or disruptive behavior
- Are obscene, profane, vulgar, lewd, or legally libelous
- Threaten the safety or welfare of any person
- Promote any activity prohibited by the student code of conduct
- Otherwise disrupt the teaching-learning process
See board policy JICA for more information on the DPS dress code policy.